Something’s in the air – and it sure is sweet and romantic. Many lovebirds are already in a tizzy preparing to dazzle their loved ones. However, your special someone doesn’t have to be the only thing receiving some love this Valentine’s Day. Redirect your cupid’s arrow in the direction of your vehicle. Though it can’t be wined and dined with flowers and chocolates, there are several other ways to show your vehicle you care by following a few of our helpful tips:
- Get a vehicle makeover. Winter weather can leave your vehicle covered in pesky white salt. Sludge and dirt from driving through snow, sleet and rain isn’t pretty either! Make your vehicle feel brand new by washing its exterior. Whether you give it a good cleaning yourself, take it to a car wash or go all-out with a full car detail, it’ll thank you later.
- Check your tires and alignment. While you should keep an eye on your tires year round, now is the perfect time to ensure they are in tip-top shape. Head to your local Tire Discounters for an inspection to make sure your tires have proper tread and air pressure. While you’re at it, get a free alignment check, as proper alignment will reduce tire wear.
- Change your oil. One of the most important ways to keep your vehicle and its engine healthy is to change its oil regularly. Not only can changing your vehicles oil help remove particles and dirt, but it can also restore your gas mileage. Sounds like a good way to save some hard-earned cash on gas! Plus, your longevity will automatically improve, which is especially beneficial if you’re looking to keep your vehicle running for the long-term.
- Tidy your interior. If you’d like to capture your vehicles heart this Valentine’s Day, be sure to keep its insides nice and clean. Empty old items from your trunk and backseat that you no longer need or use, or give your windows a proper washing. We also recommend vacuuming unwanted debris from the floor that can be tracked in via your shoes. Don’t be afraid to add some elbow grease to make your machine clean for as long as possible.
- Keep it fresh. A great way to create romantic ambiance? Treat your vehicle to a brand new air freshener. No matter the scent, it is sure to spread love in the air long after the holiday ends.
Spread the love this month – and don’t forget to give a little to your vehicle. Sending warm wishes for a Happy Valentine’s Day!