Preparing your car for fall, 5 things to do:
- Make sure you have the right kind of tires: Cold weather could mean slippery weather with the wet leaves on the ground, maybe even snow and ice. Make sure you have the right tires, all season or winter tires, with enough tread.
- Check your fluid levels: Fall is a good time of the year to get a full engine tune-up ahead of the colder weather. Whether it is oil, antifreeze, or washer fluid – you’ll want to make sure you have enough to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
- Test out the heater: Nothing is worse than finding out your heat isn’t working when it’s 30 degrees outside. Make sure it's working. It's probably been at least a couple of months since you used the heat.
- Make sure your car is properly aligned: It provides longer lasting tires, safer handling and improved gas mileage. Tire Discounters does a free alignment check.
- Check your brakes: With wet leaves on the road, it's especially important to make sure you have the right stopping distance.