The minute Chip Wood opened the doors to the first Tire Discounters, he began raising the bar for the tire business. He brought a sorely needed higher standard of integrity to the business. 40 years ago, virtually all tire dealers lured people in with a low tire price, and then charged extra for essential services like mounting, balancing and valve stems. Not a very honest approach, is it? So Chip decided to follow his instinct and focus on transparency in pricing in tandem with a higher standard of service.
People loved it.
And that’s the simple reason why we do what we do. Our founder’s higher standards still inform every single service and sale.
Thanks Chip. (And we’d say that even if you weren’t the boss.)
- Tire Discounters is an Ohio based corporation, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Established in 1976 with a single, one bay store, Tire Discounters has remained under the leadership of the founder, Chip Wood, for the past 40+ years.
- 100+ stores with 6-10 bays per store (and counting) providing tires, wheels and auto services.
- Store footprint ranges from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee and Georgia, with locations in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Lexington, Louisville, Nashville and Chattanooga.
- Industry-leading innovations introduced continuously since 1976.
- Free alignment with 4-tire purchase with TD standard installation. Learn More.
- Lifetime rotation
- TDU: A 40,000 sq/ft training facility located in Sharonville, OH
- More than 200 ASE-certified technicians (and growing)
- Huge selection of amazing tire brands
- State of the art computerized service equipment
- Over 225,000 tires in stock available for installation
- Uses recycled rubber, recycled oil and lead free wheel weights.
- Clean lobby, comfortable waiting rooms and complimentary store wifi
- Fastest growing tire chain in the Midwest! Currently employs more than 1,100 people.
- Eighth largest independent tire dealer in the U.S. by Modern Tire Dealer national rankings.
- Rated the No. 1 Tire Store in Cincinnati by CityBeat Magazine for the past 8 years.
- Rated the No. 1 Automotive Repair Shop by CityBeat Magazine in 2016.
- Won Best of Auto Repair on Louisville's A-List in 2014.
- Winner of #1 Tire Store in Licking County (Columbus) in 2016.
- Broke the Guinness world record for the tallest stack of tires in 2014.
- Region's largest custom wheel outlet.
- Official service provider member of the Automotive Maintenance & Repair Association (AMRA) & the National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA), honoring all major national accounts.